Village Craft Network Forum's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Village Craft Network Forum's

This is a forum that will help you with any problems using our services. SERVER IP : mc.village-craft.net

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bring Back Auctions

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MrLego

MrLego

Coins : 54

Bring Back Auctions Empty
PostSubject: Bring Back Auctions   Bring Back Auctions EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 2:28 am

Hello, MrLego here. I remember when I first joined this server, being a guest. The coolest thing to me was being able to auction items off and watch the bidding go up. Now that I am a Legend, I don't have much interest in paying attention to in-game cash. But, I feel that bring the auction plug-in back would help new players earn money. It seems that when a new player joins he/she says "How do I earn money" or "I cant create a town until I earn X money. What should I do". Instead of giving the player the option of doing work for others to earn pay, they could earn it a different way with auctioning.

PROS:
*New way for players to earn money
*Could give new interest to newer players

CONS:
*Could spam chat
(Possibly a chat channel could be created just for auctioning)

Thanks for your time!
-MrLego
Back to top Go down
JuliaLupin

JuliaLupin

Coins : 78

PostSubject: Re: Bring Back Auctions   Bring Back Auctions EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 8:30 am

I like this idea! Auctions have always been very fun. I do have to say though, it could cause some lag or spam in the chat. That's why they have their own timer! I think it's a good idea. We will have to see what Magno thinks! I could ask Joey or Nicole also. Thanks for the suggestion!
Back to top Go down
MrLego

MrLego

PostSubject: Re: Bring Back Auctions   Bring Back Auctions EmptySat Jun 28, 2014 2:46 am

Yeah, thats my only worry about this (the lag). I do hope Magno sees this also!
Back to top Go down
Enzichan

Enzichan

Coins : 26

PostSubject: Re: Bring Back Auctions   Bring Back Auctions EmptySat Jun 28, 2014 3:39 am

Is there a way to 'localize' the chat in a specific area at spawn or on a channel in chat we can turn off?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/mmogirlgamer
MrLego

MrLego

PostSubject: Re: Bring Back Auctions   Bring Back Auctions EmptySat Jun 28, 2014 5:06 am

I believe it is possible to reserve a chat channel to certain things or to limit the access of auctions to one.
Back to top Go down
QueenNicole
Co-Owner
Co-Owner
QueenNicole

Coins : 31

PostSubject: Re: Bring Back Auctions   Bring Back Auctions EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 12:11 pm

I do believe that auctions would be a good add to the server especially now since the economy has been reset! It'll be an easy way for people to make money on their items!
Back to top Go down
MrLego

MrLego

PostSubject: Re: Bring Back Auctions   Bring Back Auctions EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 11:05 pm

What Nicole said :p
Back to top Go down
JuliaLupin

JuliaLupin

Coins : 78

PostSubject: Re: Bring Back Auctions   Bring Back Auctions EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 3:06 am

I have to agree. A lot of players continuously ask how to make money. This would be a great addition!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bring Back Auctions   Bring Back Auctions Empty

Back to top Go down

Bring Back Auctions
Page 1 of 1