Village Craft Network Forum's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Village Craft Network Forum's

This is a forum that will help you with any problems using our services. SERVER IP : mc.village-craft.net

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ban Appeal: MossyPaws.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mossy

Mossy

Coins : 16

Ban Appeal: MossyPaws. Empty
PostSubject: Ban Appeal: MossyPaws.   Ban Appeal: MossyPaws. EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 1:21 pm

Hello all.
I was banned today.
This is how the events played out.
I was online, and Goldy indicated to me that they were going to log back on to another server that we had been playing on. Out of curiosity, I assume, another player online at the time requested the IP of the server.
As the rule is on other servers I have played on that sharing server IPs is alright when it is requested and communicated in a private message, I assumed that it would be the same on this server, and shared the IP through /m to the player who had requested it.
I am sorry for this, and if I am unbanned it will not happen again.
As a player of this server for over a year, albeit rather absent at times, I hope you will consider this appeal.
Thanks.
-Mossy.
Back to top Go down
_Joey_4
Co-Owner
Co-Owner
_Joey_4

Coins : 52

PostSubject: Re: Ban Appeal: MossyPaws.   Ban Appeal: MossyPaws. EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 1:25 pm

Hello Mossy!
I am sorry, but I have never heard of a server that allowed advertising! Even though you attempted to give the IP, the server also gave you a warning, and you kept trying. I think this would have made you realize it isn't allowed :O.
Back to top Go down
http://village-craft-network.net
Mossy

Mossy

PostSubject: Re: Ban Appeal: MossyPaws.   Ban Appeal: MossyPaws. EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 1:30 pm

Neither have I heard of a server that specifically allows advertising, but most do not consider sending an IP after it has been requested, in a private message, advertising.
For the second part I have not much excuse other than having assumed it was a general plugin that blocked sending IPs in all parts of chat.
Again, I realise now that that is not the case and I was not intending to break the server rules. It would not happen again.
Back to top Go down
Noah

Noah

Coins : 26

PostSubject: Re: Ban Appeal: MossyPaws.   Ban Appeal: MossyPaws. EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 4:34 pm

Sir as playing our server you accept the rules so there for the Moderators of this server have a job to protect it from people *like this* so they have banned you.

*Good luck out their anyways!

Back to top Go down
Mossy

Mossy

PostSubject: Re: Ban Appeal: MossyPaws.   Ban Appeal: MossyPaws. EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 7:22 pm

Which is why I am appealing, with the understanding that the event that may harm the server/is against the rules would not occur again.
Back to top Go down
Noah

Noah

PostSubject: Re: Ban Appeal: MossyPaws.   Ban Appeal: MossyPaws. EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 11:06 pm

Hello Mossy,

As I may say the rules very clearly state that coming on and Advertising, & flooding chat will = an Perm Ban or any way the Member sees fit.

I think many people agree with Joey, But I will give you a suggestion wait a little till you appeal because then you have time to think about what you have done wrong!

Best regards,
[Legend]2287
Back to top Go down
Mossy

Mossy

PostSubject: Re: Ban Appeal: MossyPaws.   Ban Appeal: MossyPaws. EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 6:58 pm

I am appealing as I did not fully understand the server rules having been absent for a long period of time. I was not intending to break the rules or harm the server in any way.
I am now awaiting further response from staff.
Back to top Go down
Noah

Noah

PostSubject: Re: Ban Appeal: MossyPaws.   Ban Appeal: MossyPaws. EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 9:45 pm

*Server Rules* Rule #19: Giving out IPs is illegal.

*Staff Guidelines* Hacking/Advertising:
-/ban : Forever : Should only be used if someone is using a hacked client/mod, only used for advertising if someone only joins the SERVER to advertise.
-/warn : [Please do not advertise!] : Should be used when a player is planning/telling someone they are going to tell them a SERVER.
-/tempmute : 10m-2h : Should be used if the player gives out an IP.
-/ban : Forever : Should be used if the player CONTINUOUSLY comes on after being tempbanned for advertising, and advertises again.

*-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-*
Dear Mossy,

As stated their, by within legal reasoning of server Moderator Joey he had all rights to ban you right up.

Because you did state "I am appealing as I did not fully understand the SERVER rules having been absent for a long period of time. I was not intending to break the rules or harm the server in any way.
I am now AWAITING further response from staff." I'am showing you that the Moderator has been hired to keep the server clean, fun and great witch he does very well!

But Mossy they probably won't answer this because it is stated very clearly and the statement of "Neither have I heard of a SERVER that specifically allows advertising, but most do not consider SENDING an IP after it has been requested, in a private message, advertising."
That is advertising.

Meaning of ADVERTISING:
the activity or profession of producing advertisements for commercial.
describe or draw attention to (a product, service, or event) in a public medium in order to promote sales or attendance: a billboard advertising beer.
• publicize information about (a vacancy): for every job we advertise we get a hundred applicants | [ no obj. ] : he advertised for dancers in the trade papers.
• make (a quality or fact) known: Meryl coughed briefly to advertise her presence.
• archaic notify (someone) of something: some prisoners advertised the French of this terrible danger.

Best regards,
[Legend]2287
Back to top Go down
Mossy

Mossy

PostSubject: Re: Ban Appeal: MossyPaws.   Ban Appeal: MossyPaws. EmptyThu Nov 27, 2014 5:01 pm

Mossy wrote:

Note: Staff.
Note: Further.
Back to top Go down
Noah

Noah

PostSubject: Re: Ban Appeal: MossyPaws.   Ban Appeal: MossyPaws. EmptyThu Nov 27, 2014 11:42 pm

" I'am showing you that the MODERATOR has been hired to keep the server clean, fun and great witch he does very well!

But Mossy they probably won't answer this because it is stated very clearly and the statement of "Neither have I heard of a SERVER that specifically allows advertising, but most do not consider SENDING an IP after it has been requested, in a private message, advertising."
That is advertising.

Meaning of ADVERTISING:
the activity or profession of producing advertisements for commercial.
describe or draw attention to (a product, service, or event) in a public medium in order to promote sales or attendance: a billboard advertising beer.
• publicize information about (a vacancy): for every job we advertise we get a hundred applicants | [ no obj. ] : he advertised for dancers in the TRADE papers.
• make (a quality or fact) known: Meryl coughed briefly to advertise her presence.
• archaic notify (someone) of something: some prisoners advertised the French of this terrible danger.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Dear Mossy,

As I have send you two times now. Is the STAFF GUIDELINES & THE RULES! so there for the Staff Team will probably just leave you banned because you did spam the IP many times and you said

"I haven't played the server for a long time and understand the rules!"

So the ADMINISTRATORS of this server will probably *lock* this forum and leave it be the way it is now!

Good Luck Out There

And I advise you to always do /rules or look around for some!

Best regards,
[Legend]2287
Back to top Go down
Mossy

Mossy

PostSubject: Re: Ban Appeal: MossyPaws.   Ban Appeal: MossyPaws. EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 5:31 am

Mossy wrote:
Mossy wrote:

Note: Staff.
Note: Further.
Back to top Go down
Goldstarmc
Admin
Admin
Goldstarmc

Coins : 9

PostSubject: Re: Ban Appeal: MossyPaws.   Ban Appeal: MossyPaws. EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 8:07 am

Is mossy unbanned? When I do ./seen Mossypaws it says unbanned
Back to top Go down
_Magno20_
Server Owner
Server Owner
_Magno20_

Coins : 242

PostSubject: Re: Ban Appeal: MossyPaws.   Ban Appeal: MossyPaws. EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 10:26 am

Mossypaws was unbanned. Subject locked!
Back to top Go down
http://village-craft-network.net/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ban Appeal: MossyPaws.   Ban Appeal: MossyPaws. Empty

Back to top Go down

Ban Appeal: MossyPaws.
Page 1 of 1